Serving families involved in court since 2006
Jonathan Paynter has been working in the Family Court system with children, parents, judges and lawyers since 2006. He has been qualified as an Expert at numerous Family Court trials since 2009, including as recently as May 2018, and his opinions continue to be sought in Court by judges and lawyers. He has been an accredited Family Mediator with the Ontario Association of Family Mediators for many years. He has extensive training in a variety of areas and is considered to be an expert on child-parent attachment, domestic violence, high-conflict parents and parenting capacity. If you are going through a separation or divorce, Jonathan can help you in the following ways:
- Custody and access assessments, both Court ordered and privately requested.
- Voice of the child reports for Family Court and arbitration hearings.
- Family mediation to help parents create a parenting plan, with therapeutic support to address conflict, communication problems and poor co-parenting.
- Reconciliation counselling, to help estranged children re-unite with their non-custodial parent.
- Parent coordination to help parents who have a final Court Order maintain peace and help parents who are experiencing conflict.
- Arbitration regarding parenting issues (e.g. time-sharing schedule, decision making), for parents who want to avoid the Family Court system.
- Domestic violence screening for mediation, arbitration or parent coordination cases.